Question by  whoareyou (3483)

If I was academically dismissed, how should I go about getting back into college?


Answer by  Bronagh (666)

Look into attending a local community college to earn some credits before applying to a four year college or university. In some cases you may be required to sit out a calendar year before attending any college; if that is your case, then be sure to use that year working and volunteering, to demonstrate you used your wait time productively.


Answer by  Olive (1195)

Take some courses at a community college or in the evening division. Talk to a counselor at your college, assuming you want to go back there, for advice on specific courses. If you are planning to attend another college, seek out the advice of their transfer counselor. Know you are not alone and keep on persisting!! It will pay off.


Answer by  bjc (354)

I would set up interviews with the admissions office at the college and explain why you failed the first time you were in school and the steps you plan on taking to achieve academic success. I would also enroll in a few community college classes and earn good grades.


Answer by  DouglasEarlClore (1236)

Community colleges often operate under "open" enrollment, meaning that so long as you have a High School diploma or equvialent, they will admit you. Comunity college credits often transfer to four year institutions. You may be able to request admittance on an academic probation if normal admittance guideline are tight.

You have 50 words left!