Question by  sneh (42)

Where should I start with finding a pain management doctor through medicaid?


Answer by  LeheckaG (1826)

Algiatry or Pain management specialists are typically: Anesthesiologists, neurologists, physiatrists, or psychiatrists Unfortunately; Medicaid is state-specific so start with contacting your specific state's medicaid benefits program. Alternatively; You could look through your local doctors (Telephone Yellow pages, Doctor referral services, Hospitals, ...) with those specialties, and ask them with ones accept Medicaid.


Answer by  Meagan87 (197)

Search for a physician on the internet and call them to ask if they accept Medicaid, most may require another primary form of insurance.


Answer by  starmlw (960)

Your family physician should be able to refer you to a medicaid pain manangement md. If not, most hospitals have a physician referral service and you can speify that you want doctors that take medcaid. Also, you should have a contact number for the company that is managing your states medicaid. That agency will definately have this information.


Answer by  Kay22 (25)

You should start by contacting your primary care physician for a referal. If he has no suggestions you can go on the Medicaid website for your individual state to look for providing physicians.


Answer by  luvmybuggins (24)

If your local hospital has a referral service, you can call that number and you will be provided with any doctors that accept Medicaid.

You have 50 words left!