Question by  missy6234 (21)

What can I do if my ex is refusing to pay me my alimony?

He is two months behind.


Answer by  John (9008)

First of all, if you have an attorney, let him know and he will handle it. If you are not represented, you can either get a lawyer or proceed on your own. Your ex-husband is disobeying a court order, and can be held in contempt or have his wages garnished. However, you must ask the court to do this.


Answer by  Mary (2095)

There are organization that can help with the collection of alimony and child support. They do charge fees for the collection. Otherwise, you can go back to court and ask for garnishment of wages or a judgment against him for the delinquency. It is best to hire an attorney or talk to the attorney from the divorce.


Answer by  TheAnswerFairy (2345)

If he is behind on anything that a court ruled he owes you, you can take him to court and they will order him to pay, probably even garnish hiswages.

You have 50 words left!