Question by  georgiagirl (261)

What can I do about my alcoholic wife?

She's drunk most of the time, can't work, can't keep the house, sick all the time.


Answer by  malone (4817)

People who are involved with addicts are called "codependent" and believe they power over the addict. The fact is: you don't and never will. You have no power over anyone but yourself. Exercise your power, start attending AlAnon meetings and learn how to care for yourself.


Answer by  pingpong (46)

I would send my wife to a detox clinic, after I had reassured her that I am here for her and I would not let anything bad happen to her.


Answer by  Brett (7986)

I would recommend having her go see a therapist, or go and attend an AA meeting with her, or have her go.

You have 50 words left!