Question by  salvage203 (7)

My son is 17 and ran away, what should I do?

I want to find him but I don't know where to start.


Answer by  markmand (87)

Depending on what state you are in, a 17-year-old may be considered a legal adult. Your first step should be to contact ocal law enforcement to determine if they can assist you. Other options can include contacting a private investigator or posting flyers with his picture on it.


Answer by  dvogele (121)

Not knowing the entire situation, I would first start by contacting some of his best friends to see if they know anything, then your local authorities for guidance.


Answer by  amber33 (1941)

If it is legal for him to leave at seventeen then there is nothing that you can do legally. He is probably ok. The first place to look is at friends houses. Go talk to the teachers and counslers at his school to let them know.


Answer by  John (9008)

Your first and best step is to report him as a runaway to the police. They will then list him, and he will be picked up if police anywhere encounter him. Sadly, however, the police will not make a child this old be a priority, so this is pure luck.


Answer by  fesdre (655)

The first thing I would do is to pray. The next thing I would do is call his friends and your family members where he may go. If he isn't there file a police report so they can be on the look-out.

You have 50 words left!