health conditions


Question by  rl4man (17)

I had a tube placed after surgery and now I have left side pain above the hip bone, what should I do?


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

Right off the bat, you need to call your doctor NOW!!! Any pain not directly due to surgery, or above and beyond what can "reasonably" be expected is cause for concern. Many doctors lead you to believe you shouldn't "bother" them- WRONG ANSWER. You know yourself best- if you have discomfort, call, If you have pain, get to your hospital.


Answer by  worker4452 (80)

You should immediately go for a follow up with the surgeon as it can be a post operative infection and the might need treatment with antibiotics or removal of the tube. You can try pain killers like Ibuprofen temporarily but there is no point waiting for the problem to worsen.


Answer by  rudyrusso (28)

Never attempt to pull out a tube as the consequences can be severe. Rather, call the nurse or physician to inform them of this newly discover pain.


Answer by  StarOne (941)

You should consult with your doctor. He will be able to determine if the pain you are experiencing is due to what you had surgery for, from the surgery itself or something new causing the pain. If your doctor does not provide you the answers you need then you should get a second opinion.

You have 50 words left!