Question by  sashascreations (31)

I am a New York city resident who is working in another state. What should I know?


Answer by  technogeek (6640)

You will need to file a state tax return in the state where you work if they are deducting state taxes from your pay. Also, if you are terminated from the position, you will also need to file your unemployment claim in the state where you worked.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

New York City will apply all income taxes (state, county, and city) to your income, even though it is earned in another state.


Answer by  meena (400)

You must have an exposure to the state you are working or else try to accomodate yourself to the state you are working. Basicaly you should know the important places in and around the state which will help whenever emergency. Try to make friends with your next door people. Be safe always without interfering in other people's problem.


Answer by  Mallika (449)

You should have a valid passport. Keep it in a safe place. Never destroy it. Renew it soon after expiry. Never travel far without the passport. They may ask for checking. Be sure that the details provided in the passport are 100 % correct.

You have 50 words left!