real estate


Question by  nan818 (60)

How do I give a gift of land?


Answer by  mammakat (11147)

You need to consult an attorney versed in tax or estate law. You can always "gift" your land, but you want the best protection for you, the land, the recipient.


Answer by  albsab (68)

Land can be transferreed easily and quickly by tendering a deed, which an attorney can do on your behalf. If you want the land to pass to the recipient either at your death or upon some other pre-determined event, your attorney can establish a life estate with the recipient as the beneficiary.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

You can deed it over to anyone you desire. The paperwork is real simple and can be down at the local assessors office. The paperwork has to be notarized and filed at the courthouse so ownership can be transferred. It ususally costs a few dollars for the exchange.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

You can simply transfer the deed to the new owner. However, you may owe a gift tax on the value of the property.


Answer by  withluck (1745)

When giving a large gift like land, you want to consult an attorney and your CPA first and have the recipient do the same.


Answer by  jtalone (105)

You can give a gift of land in your will or you can have it arranged to be a part of your estate.

You have 50 words left!