Question by  worker2295 (33)

Does child support change if a solider is deployed?


Answer by  patti (29325)

If a parent is deployed, the rate of pay will increase and a bonus may be added as well. An increase in income changes the amount of child support paid. The custodial parent should file a motion with the court to have the amount amended to reflect the change in income.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

Child support is still owed by the soldier being deployed. An amended child support order can be filed if the soldier's income has dropped due to deployment, reducing child support payments owed. If the soldier's pay is higher at deployment, the custodial parent could request higher child support rates based on their now higher income.


Answer by  patti (29325)

Deployments are temporary. Child support is maintained during the deployment. While the income increases somewhat, it is not likely the amount of support will be changed to reflect that.


Answer by  LegalGuy (71)

Not in that you no longer receive it, The government will automatically deduct the momeny from his pension every month.


Answer by  flamiss22 (5081)

It will not change if your pay in the service is the same or more as when the support was ordered. In fact it will be taken out of your paycheck automatically.

You have 50 words left!