Question by  AD99 (12)

Can you tell me how to obtain my selective service number?

It's time for me to sign up for the draft.


Answer by  Feral13 (7)

Any male age 18 through 25 and living in the U.S. can register for the Selective Service by requesting the forms at your local Post Office. Once the form is completed, turn it in and your Selective Service registration number will be mailed to you at the address you've given on the form.


Answer by  patti (29325)

There are several ways to get info and the related papers required for registration. The Selective Service System has a website where you can make the request. It is a www address, followed by sss and dot gov. You can also pick up the paperwork at the post office or any embassy if you are overseas.


Answer by  Gunrunner (561)

There hasn't been a draft since the 1970's. If you mean it is time for you to sign up for selective service, then you will need your social security account number. Check with your local post office, they should be able to tell you everything you will need.


Answer by  belle2714 (361)

The applications are available at the post office and sometimes high schools will have them. Then all you do is fill it out and send it in. They will then do the rest.


Answer by  guyver3869 (449)

As a young man coming into adulthood, this proccess goes hand in hand with registering to vote. Usually during highschool, students fill out there voters registration cards and young men fill out a selective service card. If you have somehow missed this proccess, the DMV can provide you the necessary forms.

You have 50 words left!