Question by  Meowzer (392)

Can the state of Texas take my personal belongings to pay for medicaid services that I have received?

I own my house, yet it has been willed to my children, I am concerned that the state will take it away from me.


Answer by  tamarawilhite (17883)

If the house has been willed to your children, that transfer ONLY takes place after your death AND after all debts have been paid. While alive, they can take your car and cash. The house will have a lien placed against it until your death.


Answer by  Rose (6804)

If you qualified for the medicaid services then the state has no right to take your personal belongings. Just make sure everything is on the up and up.

You have 50 words left!